- Food Safety Is A Growing Concern Across The Industry
- Retailers, Wholesalers And Suppliers Are Concerned About Their Brands
- Financial Liability Due To Product Recalls Is Increasing
Protect Your Brand
Although government is moving to more regulation with the Food Safety Modernization Act of 2011 (FSMA) whose regulations are due out soon, food safety is really about liability management. In a study published in June 2012 conducted for Red Prairie (“On the Trail to Traceability” – Gateway Research), over 72% of senior supply chain and operations execs reported they were not confident in their organizations’ product recall and traceability capabilities. Over three quarters of responders expressed concern about their financial liability with a quarter noting they feared a negative impact on their brand reputation. Almost 70% surveyed pointed out they were concerned about coordination of recall issues with suppliers and distributors. With over half declaring they were struggling to stay compliant, fewer than 20% had deployed automated solutions.
Provides food and drug retailers, wholesalers and suppliers with a robust solution that will help them protect their brands, reduce their liability and remain in compliance with rapidly evolving regulations in the recently passed Food Safety Modernization Act.
- Who produced it?
- Who produced the ingredients?
- Who delivered it, and when, to the retailer?
- Where and when did it sell to a consumer?
- What other products contain those ingredients and from what producer?
- What other locations received those suspect ingredients?
- Do my suppliers each have a current food plan, and other required food safety/sustainability documentation?
“The tough reality today is that if you aren’t partnering with, assessing and validating every supplier all the way back to the farm; if you aren’t assessing and addressing risk of all the ingredients and products you purchase, process, or sell – instead of the companies being named in today’s headlines, tomorrow’s name on the foodborne-illness lawsuit could be yours.”
– Dr. David Acheson, President and CEO The Acheson Group, June 10, 2012
Read the latest blog from our Food and Drug Safety experts
Read the latest blog from our Technology experts
Read the latest News